Wharfedale Pro Typhon-AX12 Active Speaker
Wharfedale Pro Typhon AX12 Active Loudspeaker.
The latest in Wharfedale Pro's active loudspeaker range, Typhon offers great sound, high performance and light weight in a newly designed ergonomic package.
Wharfedale Pro speakers are miles away from the typical re-badged 'off the shelf' products typical of today's pro audio market. The Typhon AX12 has been designed from 'the ground up' even down to the loudspeaker components which Wharfedale Pro design and manufacture in-house.
This design and manufacturing focus means that Wharfedale Pro are the only 'affordable' broad based far Eastern pro audio manufacturer we supply.
Wharefedale Pro Typhon AX12 Features:
- Great sound. Crystal clear full spectrum sound from 55hz - 20khz.
- Four DSP settings to tailor the sound to your application. Flat, monitor, bass and punch.
- Genuine active design with discreet low and high frequency power amplifier sections. 300/60 watts RMS lox/high power respectively.
- High power, lightweight amplifiers convection cool without the need for noisy fans.
- Lightweight. Only 16.2kgs.
- Efficient, low frequency driver with edge-wound voice coil turns more amplifier power into sound.
- 2 channel mixer with microphone pre amplifiers allows Typhon to be used as a complete 'self-contained' vocal/speech PA system without the need of an external mixer.
- Versatile cabinet design allows stand mounted applications via 35mm locking tripod fitting or permanent installation via 9 x M8 threaded inserts. Typhon is also supplied with a handy 'wedge' accessory that allows use as a stage floor monitor.
- Newly designed ergonomic cabinet with five handles means the speaker can be picked up in any orientation.
- Full steel grill protects drive units.
- Recessed rear panel protects controls and switches.
Wharfedale Typhon AX12 Specs:
|System type||Active 12" 2-way|
|Frequency Response (+/-3dB)||55Hz-20kHz|
|Frequency Range (-10 dB)||50Hz-20kHz|
|Maximum SPL @1m||129dB|
|Sensitivity @ 1W / 1m||98dB|
|Low Frequency Transducer|
|Size (mm / inches)||305mm / 12"|
|Voice Coil Size (mm / inches)||65mm / 2.5”|
|High Frequency Transducer|
|HF Driver Type||Compression Driver|
|Coil Size (mm / inches)||44mm/1.75"|
|Exit Size (mm / inches)||25mm/1"|
|Nominal Coverage (H x V)||Hybrid Symmetry Horn
100° x 80°
|Amplifier design||2 x Class D|
|Power rating||1440W Peak (1200W LF +
240W HF), 720W Continuous
(600W LF + 120W HF)
|Input - A||balanced|
|Input sensitivity||775mV (0dBu)|
|Input connectors A/B||2*XLR, 2*6.3mm jack|
|Line output||Balanced XLR|
|AC Power||220~240VAC/100~120VAC 50/60Hz|
|Rigging||9 x M8 threaded inserts|
|35mm pole socket with lock screw|
|5 x carry handles|
|Optional WPB-2 wall-mount bracket|
|Enclosure||Injection moulded polypropylene|
|Grille material & finish||Full front - steel|
|Dimensions - Unpacked (mm / inches):|
|Height||558mm / 22.0"|
|Width front||344mm / 13.6"|
|Width rear||245mm / 9.6"|
|Depth||340mm / 13.4"|
|Dimensions - Packed (mm / inches):|
|Height||645mm / 25.4"|
|Width front||425mm / 16.7"|
|Width rear||425mm / 16.7"|
|Depth||419mm / 16.5"|
|Net Weight (kg / lbs)||16.2kg / 35.64lbs|
|Gross Weight (kg / lbs)||19.2kg / 42.24lbs|